Recent Posts

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Static compression is being disabled warning in IIS 7 solved

Since i moved my website to IIS 7 windows 2008 I was continuously getting below error message regarding my website application pool. I did some research and found out problem was related to ApplicationPoolIdentity permission to IIS Temporary Compressed Files.

The directory specified for caching compressed content C:\inetpub\temp\IIS Temporary Compressed Files\DefaultAppPool is invalid. Static compression is being disabled.


So I got the help from below link to fix this problem, thanks to scott

Related Posts by Categories




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this error after adding this to my web.config file (Azure project)




(It results in a web.config error since SVG files are already present in applicationHost.config)

The error message is clearly misleading. I fixed the problem by reverting web.config to a previous version.

I wrote a short blogpost about it here: http://blog.degree.no/2013/04/the-directory-specified-for-caching-compressed-content-is-invalid-static-compression-is-being-disabled/

Unknown said...

Your posts is really helpful for me.Thanks for your wonderful post. I am very happy to read your post. It is really very helpful for us and I have gathered some important information from this blog.

Web Design Company in Chennai

Post a Comment